Norwich deaths: Dad found dead with woman and two daughters ‘went missing last year’ | UK | News

January 20, 2024
30 Views


The dad who was found dead in a house alongside his two daughters and a woman in Norwich has been named as Bartlomiej Kuczynski.

Norfolk Police discovered that the 45-year-old engineer, two young girls, and a woman, aged 36, had all suffered injuries after officers forced their way into the property.

It is not yet clear who the woman was, but she was not a resident and was visiting, and the family were understood to have been active members of their community. It comes as police revealed that Mr Kuczynski had been missing since before Christmas, the MailOnline reports.

Neighbours claim that the dad, originally from Poland, had been reported missing just before Christmas. Detective Chief Inspector Chris Burgess confirmed that a missing persons’ report was lodged after Norfolk Police made contact with the family in December. He was later found walking along a nearby Fairway.

Mr Kuczynski lived at a new estate in Queen’s Hills, home to about 5,000 people living in 2,000 properties. While police cordons remain in place, detectives from the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation team are piecing together what happened.

Norfolk Police Detective Chief Inspector Chris Burgess said: “We can confirm all four were found with injuries and post-mortem examinations will be held in due course to establish cause of death. Officers are expected to remain at the scene for some time. We are still working to understand the full circumstances which led to the deaths of these people, however at this time we believe this to be an isolated incident.”

He added: “I recognise the shock and upset this incident will cause in the local community and we will have increased patrols in the area across the weekend. I would urge anyone with any concerns to speak to these officers.

“I’m aware there’s a lot of public interest in this investigation and speculation as to who is involved on social media, including the names of those who have died. The man and two children lived at the address, but the woman involved was visiting and didn’t live at the property. Next of kin have been informed and we are supporting them.”

Speaking to The Mirror, a neighbour said the area was a “quiet neighbourhood”.

The 32-year-old man said: “When I was dog walking this morning I saw the cordon at about 8am. This is a very quiet neighbourhood and I’ve never seen anything like this before here. This is something like you see on the TV I suppose, so it seems all quite surreal.”

Gary Blundell, Lib Dem councillor, who lives on the estate, said: “It’s shocking.  It just proves these sorts of things can happen anywhere. My heart goes out to anybody involved in this. I live on the estate with my wife. It hasn’t been verified who it is yet, so they haven’t released names, but if it is the family involved that I think it possibly could be, then yes we did know them.”

The police added a weapon had been recovered from nearby woods but is not believed to be linked. Officers also said today that they had previous contact with the family amid a missing persons inquiry before Christmas.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary online or by calling 101 quoting NC-19012024-39. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111



Spread the love

You may be interested

Google’s Pixel 9 may get an Apple-like satellite SOS feature
Technology
shares2 views
Technology
shares2 views

Google’s Pixel 9 may get an Apple-like satellite SOS feature

Rajendran Achuthan - Apr 15, 2024

[ad_1] Google could be adding a feature very similar to Apple’s Emergency SOS feature to the Pixel 9 and the…

Johnson signals he won’t put Senate supplemental on the floor despite increased pressure
World
shares2 views
World
shares2 views

Johnson signals he won’t put Senate supplemental on the floor despite increased pressure

Rajendran Achuthan - Apr 15, 2024

[ad_1] House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., on Sunday did not indicate that he would put the Senate-passed supplemental package on…

Israel-Iran attack LIVE: IDF issues chilling warning over revenge plan | World | News
Top Stories
shares6 views2
Top Stories
shares6 views2

Israel-Iran attack LIVE: IDF issues chilling warning over revenge plan | World | News

Rajendran Achuthan - Apr 15, 2024

[ad_1] The G7 group of nations has issued a joint statement following a summit held this afternoon.In the statement, the…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.