Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s silence ‘bewildering’ as time for new project running out | Royal | News

January 12, 2024
37 Views


Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have embraced a “bewildering” silence when it comes to sharing details about their plans for their Netflix deal, a royal expert said.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex struck a five-year deal with the streaming platform mere months after they stepped down from their institutional role.

So far, their Archewell Productions has delivered a six-part docuseries about their decision to quit the Royal Family and a documentary on Harry’s work with the Invictus Games.

But expert Richard Fitzwilliams argued the pair will need to step up their game if they want to get their contract renewed once it expires in 2025.

Meghan in November teased they have been working on multiple projects during a surprise outing but none have been promoted publicly or given a release date.

For all the latest on news, politics, sports, and showbiz from the USA, go to Daily Express US

Fitzwilliams argued their silence could backfire but there is still a chance for them to avoid a collapse in their contract.

He told GB News: “It is rather bewildering their silence. They can turn it around if they come up with some work.

“The only thing they are doing as far as I can see with Invictus, Prince Harry already had that.”

Fitzwilliams added: “So they have not done anything, they lost Spotify. Will they lose Netflix? The contract runs out in 2025.”

Last June, Spotify confirmed their contract with Meghan and Harry had been cancelled after they failed to develop a successful product for the platform.

Spotify producer Bill Simmons slammed the couple for their work, saying: “I wish I had been involved in the ‘Meghan and Harry leave Spotify’ negotiation.

“‘The F*****g Grifters.’ That’s the podcast we should have launched with them.

“I have got to get drunk one night and tell the story of the Zoom I had with Harry to try and help him with a podcast idea.

“It’s one of my best stories… F*** them. The grifters.”

Sources close to the couple have claimed Meghan and Harry want 2024 to be their “year of redemption“, insisting the pair are committed to delivering on a series of new projects which align with the ethos of their non-profit organisation Archewell.



Spread the love

You may be interested

Google’s Pixel 9 may get an Apple-like satellite SOS feature
Technology
shares1 views
Technology
shares1 views

Google’s Pixel 9 may get an Apple-like satellite SOS feature

Rajendran Achuthan - Apr 15, 2024

[ad_1] Google could be adding a feature very similar to Apple’s Emergency SOS feature to the Pixel 9 and the…

Johnson signals he won’t put Senate supplemental on the floor despite increased pressure
World
shares1 views
World
shares1 views

Johnson signals he won’t put Senate supplemental on the floor despite increased pressure

Rajendran Achuthan - Apr 15, 2024

[ad_1] House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., on Sunday did not indicate that he would put the Senate-passed supplemental package on…

Israel-Iran attack LIVE: IDF issues chilling warning over revenge plan | World | News
Top Stories
shares6 views2
Top Stories
shares6 views2

Israel-Iran attack LIVE: IDF issues chilling warning over revenge plan | World | News

Rajendran Achuthan - Apr 15, 2024

[ad_1] The G7 group of nations has issued a joint statement following a summit held this afternoon.In the statement, the…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.